After trawling online for some unique thank you cards for my baby shower gifts, I was inspired to photograph and print my own.
Creating Your Own DIY Birth Announcement
I wanted to create a little keepsake for friends and family and this style worked perfectly for both a baby shower thank you and birth announcements.
How to make
DIY Birth Announcements-
Step by Step!
• I laid out a neutral colour celluar blanket from the White Company
• I spelled out Ethan’s name and date of birth with these gorgeous, wooden Uncle Goose Classic ABC blocks – I’m looking forward to Ethan playing with these when he’s older but for now they look great in his nursery.
• I found an old ruler and weights and wrote his birth length and weight with a caligraphy pen on the back of some gift tags. I then added coloured ribbon to connect them using colours which complimented those in the wooden blocks and a small crochet snowflake to give a nod to the winter season.
• I then used a vintage clock to show his time of birth.
• We dressed Ethan in a simple white muslin and an adorable bear hat from Next. Taking the shot wasn’t easy with a new born baby – we probably took around 200 shots to get this one.
We Love to Hear From You
Do you have advice for creating crafty DIY keepsakes? We'd love to hear from you. Comment with your tips below, or to have your ideas featured in a guest post, email here.Email Us